I love this photo. I think this is my favourite photo of Abby yet. Being quiet and playing peacfully, lol 😀
I’m going to be at Nick’s Mom’s house tomorrow evening and we’re going to be sleeping there. So I probably won’t be posting tomorrow. Just thought I’d let you know in advance 😀
I am really sleepy tonight, but I can’t bothered to move away from the computer desk. i think I’m just going to sit in front of the XBox instead and play some Sims 😀
113591451977605453 December 29, 2005
This evening I am feeling pretty tired. I got barely any sleep last night because Abby kept waking up and going back to sleep all night. And when that happens, you wake up the next morning just feeling like a walking zombie…gah!
I have become obsessed with cleaning products. I love Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. When Abby spits up on her playcenter or smears food around the highchair tray, I just wipe it off with these. I was using baby wipes before, but it was getting expensive and these are just so much cheaper…lol. I also love Ajax for cleaning the oven top and the bathtub. The smell reminds me of my Nana’s. I know she always uses it for cleaning…haha 😀
113584141671634791 December 28, 2005
Felt like killing Nick tonight. He ranted at me about not cleaning the house enough, and then stormed off to the bar. I am not his freakin’ mother. Just because she’s the clean freak, doesn’t mean that I have to be. Okay, so the apartment was looking a little dirty after Christmas with all the cardboard boxes from Abby’s toys lying around, and the carpet needed vacuuming, but please. I did not marry you to be your freakin maid. Anyway, rant over…
We had a pretty good Christmas. As I just said, Abby got a mountain of gifts, mainly clothes and toys. Auntie Jess and Grandma bought her the majority of the clothes, and we bought the majority of the toys. The best gift she got though is a book. Not just any old book, mind you- it was the full collection of Beatrix Potter. My jaw dropped when I opened it. I had been wanting to buy this for a few months now for Abby- and now she has it. So tonight when she woke up at midnight for her usual bottle, i read her Squirrel Nutkin and then put her to bed. She sat for the whole time on my lap and paid attention. It’s the first time I’ve seen her sit on my lap for that long, lol.
I got some sweaters, and some socks. Boring but functional. In WI, the winters are cold and long. You need all the good sweaters and thick socks you can get, lol 😀
113454100261551179 December 13, 2005
I need to blog more. It has been forever. I have a meme to complete. I love memes. They make me happy. Okay, enough of the rambling 😀
Seven things I hope to do before I die:
1) Visit some hotel in the world where it’s only for adults, and there’s no screaming kids.
2) Buy another cat- yes I am aware that Nick won’t let me.
3) Have a little brother or sister for Abby.
4) Buy a big outdoor swimming pool and have a house with a playroom for Abby.
5) Have enough money to buy things that I want to buy- not diapers and other mundane stuff.
6) Buy a house for my parents and another for my brother.
7) Own my own cafe/bar type place.
Seven things I cannot do:
1) Tolerate people who are mean to children and animals.
2) Go on huge upside-down rollercoasters. They make me sick.
3) Not buying things for my daughter….it’s addictive!
4) Be mean to people…I guess I’m just too good-natured!
5) Give up anything to do with CSI.
6) Give up any kind of book.
7) Ice scate or rollerblade. I have no balance when it comes to those things.
Seven things that attracted me to my spouse:
1) His sense of humour.
2) His big brain and intelligence.
3) his understanding of me.
4) His cute green eyes.
5) His love of my cats.
6) His American accent.
7) The fact that he took me for who I am.
Seven things I say often:
2) I love you.
3) Ow! That hurt!
4) Nick, where is the….
5) NO ABBY!
Seven books/series I love:
1) Anything by C.S Lewis
2) The Harry Potter series
3) Anything by J.R.R Tolkien
4) The Beatrix Potter kids books
5) Anything by Roald Dahl
6) Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
7) Bridget Jones 1&2 by Helen Fielding
Seven movies I could watch over and over again:
1) The Breakfast Club
2) 10 Things I Hate About You
3) The Craft
4) Alice In Wonderland
5) Robin Hood (the Disney version)
6) Bridget Jones’ Diary (either one)
7) Wizard of Oz