*yawn* Have to get off to bed soon, but thought I’d just say that I took some new photos of me and Abby this evening and they came out pretty well. Nick bought me home some ribs and steak fries for dinner, which was really nice of him. He can be a complete sweetheart sometimes π
113243365275981244 November 19, 2005
I’m sitting here at the moment next to Abby, who is currently sitting in her highchair that my parents bought her. She seems to be pretty happy recently, although she’s still not putting on much weight bulk wise. She just keeps on growing upwards. Getting longer and longer, and I’m not too sure how much more of the comments and dirty looks I can take while I am out with her. I feel as though someone is going to pull a phone out of their bag and call Social Services on me because they think that I’m underfeeding Abby. She eats like a horse….I really just don’t understand it π¦
Nick’s in the shower at the moment and we’re waiting for his sister to get here so we can go to Mayfair and see Harry Potter. Yay!
113178474766481647 November 12, 2005
1. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone?
Hmmm…good one. I would say painting my toenails pink and cleaning the bathroom, but that would make me sound like a boring old fart. Hang on, I just told everyone….
2. If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
Sure. It might kill off some of the idiots and the crackpots in the world. The world is not big enough for all of them.
3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
The mind, most definetely. How people judge you on your looks is superficial anyhow. I’d love to know at 90 years old what I know now. I’d be fixing my grandkids computers for them.
4. If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so?
No way. I hate the parents out there who push their kids into things that they enver got to do as kids, like ballet lessons (because they were too poor) and being a scholar (because they were too stupid). Kids have brains too. Why not just let them do what they want? And that doesn’t mean letting them sit in front of the box for hours on end.
5. If you knew there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would do? (you cant stop it)
I’ve survived a lot of things in my life, but I’d be naturally scared about this. I’d be thinking about what would happen to Abby and Nick if I passed on wihtout them.
6. Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you had to die at the end of the period?
Totally. That’s my goal is to die a happy person. I could actually die tomorrow and I’d still feel like I’d actually accomplished something during my time on the planet.
7. If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?
Okay, this is mean but I think I’d back out of it. I’m actually a pretty self-concious person and I wouldn’t want everyone staring at my husband. Now if Nick was to become a paraplegic tomorrow, I’d be lost. i have no idea what I would do with out him. I’d have to pay for a nurse, for sure.
8. Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and will die in a month. They beg you to give them poison so they that they can die. Would you?
Most likely, as I am a firm believer in the fact that people shouldn’t die suffering. I honestly think that is one of the worst ways to die.
9. Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want as your dinner guest? as a close friend? as a lover?
Hmmm, as a dinner guest I’d choose Adolf Hitler. I would sit across from him at the table and I would grill him over the fact why he thought it was necessary to kill all those innocent people- and no he doesn’t scare me. As a close friend I’d love to have Carrie Underwood. She just looks like she’d be the best friend in the world, friendly and kind. As a lover? Hmmm, Keith Urban. *gasp* He….is…..hot..*drool*
10. What is the worst psychological torture you can imagine suffering? (it cannot involve any physical harm to you)?
Wiping my memories. I have so many great memories in my head that it was be complete torture to just take them away from me.
11. You and a person you love deeply are placed in separate rooms with a button next to each of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses the button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person, but will immediately be killed. What do you think you would do?
Ack. I would have to kill Nick. I know that sounds bad, but I honestly think that Abby would be more traumatised if she lost her Momma rather than if she lost her Daddy.
12. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow?
No way. I hate those places. I’m not a big meat-eater, but that would just make me hurl.
13. For $20,000 would you go for 3 months without washing, brushing your teeth, and using deodorant? Assume you could not explain your reasons to anyone, and there would be no long-term effect on your career. (you are not choosing one, you would have to go without all three).
Sure, I’d do anything for $20,000. I would just tell people that I was doing it for a big wad of moolah.
14. Which of these restrictions could you best tolerate: leaving the country permanently or never leaving the state in which you now live?
Leaving the country permanently. I’d go and live back in the UK with my family.
15. If you could choose the sex and physical appearance of your soon-to-be-born child, would you do it?
There’s just no point in playing God with unborn kids. Abby turned out a lot more beautiful than I could have hoped for in my wildest dreams. I guess I must have good genes.
16. Would you be willing to decrease your life expectancy by 5 years if you could become extremely attractive?
I always wanted to be stunningly beautiful when I was younger and I wanted to do modelling, but I’m not that ugly, I guess. I don’t scare small children or anything.
17. If your friends and acquaintances were willing to bluntly tell you what they really think of you, would you want them to?
I doubt it. Some people can be really hurtful.
18. Would it disturb you much if, upon your death, your body were simply thrown into the woods and left to rot?
Hmmm, no. I’m dead. Funerals are nice and everything, but if I’m poor and you really want to bury me, then just buy a big cheap plywood box, put me in it and chuck me in the ground.
19. Would you like to know the precise date of your death?
Nah. If God says I’m going to die tomorrow, then so be it. We all have our set time when we’re going to die.
20. Would you be willing to give up all television for the next 5 years if it would induce someone to provide for 1,000 starving children in Indonesia?
I’d feel guilty with the starving kids, but there’s no way I could give up my three CSi shows and Killer Instinct. No sireee…..
113168856720197119 November 10, 2005
I seriously cannot wait until Christmas. I’m sitting here reading a magazine that I bought at Walmart today, and it’s talking about decorations and cookies you can make for Christmas. I think I’ll make up a batch and send them to Nick’s grandma in the nursing home. I think she’ll like that. Bring on the holiday season! I’m good as ready! π
I’ve been having a weird kinda month. I’m buying Xmas prezzies left and right for Miss Abby, but yet, I am totally not ready for the holiday season. This month is Thanksgiving, which I dislike greatly- as it’s all about family and blah, blah blah. I wish my family were closer. It sucks majorly.
I went to Walmart this afternoon with Abby in the stroller, and yet more of the critisism. “Why doesn’t she have a blanket? Why doesn’t she have any shoes on? Blah, blah, blah, blah blah!” Gah! Why can’t you people keep your opinions to yourselves?! She doesn’t need a blanket. She’s wearing a winter coat and a sweater and jeans and socks. She’s quite warm. And she doesn’t have any shoes on because she kicks them off and I don’t want to lose shoes- they’re expensive thankyou very much π¦
While I was at Walmart, I bought this for Abby (another Christmas gift): Tumblin’ Sounds Goldfish It’s so cute. I also found another set of blocks for the toy at Big Lots. I love that store…it’s really great for almost everything π
So, on the grand scale of Xmas prezzies for Abby, she has so far:
A hat and mittens set
Tumblin’ Sounds Goldfish
VTech Move and Crawl Ball
Where’s Spot? book
Daisy the Forgetful Bunny book
She has a small mountain! And there’s more on the way…haha π